Friday, September 3, 2010

Day Three

Yesterday I made good progress on the section on library research related to "the faculty." I did find some research that dives into disciplinary differences a bit, but without any substantial theory. These studies tend to express disciplinary differences because a survey had different categories for faculty to assign themselves to. Today I need to write up this section.

I also started looking more exhaustively at existing studies that use LibQUAL+ data. I had explored dissertations (there are only a few), but yesterday did some searching in LibraryLit and Library, information science & technology abstracts. I hadn't realized what a weak database LibraryLit is. There are few abstracts, and the attached resources in WilsonSelectPlus  are terrible scans. I am also frustrated that the Zotero filters for the database (in FirstSearch) dump almost all of the data in a notes field. 

No comments:

Post a Comment