Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Day 7 (already?)

The month seems to be flying by. I took Saturday off and did yard work and other things around the house. Over the rest of the long weekend I made some progress pulling together and beginning to sort through the literature on LibQUAL+. I had already looked at dissertations published that touch on the survey, but hadn't dug into the rest of the literature. Today I'm planning to finish reading through that literature (ambitious goal) and hopefully come out the other side with a schema for presenting that literature in a lit review. Kyrillidou (2009) has a VERY complete literature review. I'm planning for mine to be more focused, as the object of study is not the survey itself, as it was for Kyrillidou. I'll look more closely at how the literature deals with disciplinary differences (where it does), or at other LQ+ research that touches on either my proposed methodology or some other aspect of my particular interests.


Kyrillidou, M. (2009). Item sampling in service quality assessment surveys to improve response rates and reduce respondent burden: The "LibQUAL+ Lite" randomized control trial (RCT). University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Urbana-Champaign, IL. Retrieved from http://hdl.handle.net/2142/14570

No comments:

Post a Comment